Re: Inheriting from foreign objects

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Inheriting from foreign objects
Date: 11 Apr 2002 08:48:59 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

>     Andreas> Is there a way I can cleanly derive from C-created classes?
>
> I'd say you're in virgin territory here, and that any advice you can
> give on such problems, and on defining a C API for GOOPS, would be
> very useful.

I have changed my classes to be created by scm_basic_make_class, so
they are normal classes, not foreign any more and allocating a slot in
them where I store a pointer to the underlying C++ object as a
string. Not as fast or elegant as foreign objects, but you can derive
from the classes now.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden        | address@hidden |