Guile 1.4 on Cygwin/Win32

From: Marciano Siniscalchi
Subject: Guile 1.4 on Cygwin/Win32
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 18:22:01 -0500

Hi,

this is to report success in compiling the Guile 1.4 sources under Cygwin and Win32.

There is only one issue I would like to mention. The tarball contains a file called

and-let*.scm

in the guile-1.4/ice-9 directory. Unfortunately, "and-let*.scm" is an invalid file name under Win32, and it does not even get extracted from the tarball. I simply got it from elsewhere, renamed it to "and-let-star.scm", modified the makefile in guile-1.4/ice-9, and was good to go.

Since everything else works "as is", would it be appropriate to rename this one file so as to avoid the problems mentioned above? I understand Cygwin may not be a high-priority platform...

Marciano.

Marciano Siniscalchi Department of Economics, 309 Fisher Hall
tel: (609) 258-4024  Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544-1021
fax: (609) 258-6419  http://www.princeton.edu/~marciano