Re: kudos and observation

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: kudos and observation
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:04:59 -0800

   From: "Neil W. Van Dyke" <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 00:18:44 -0500

   For now, I've had to switch to a different Scheme implementation for
   my work, so that will be the one to which I have occasion to make any
   modest contributions.

i'd be interested in learning which other scheme and why you switched
(perhaps this info can be used to improve guile).

   I would also be tempted immensely by good Guile GTK2/Pango/Libart
   support (and it must be free of Mono and Gnome), but that's perhaps
   another matter.

yes.  there is room for a Wrapping Czar in the project, someone whose
goal would be to actively develop and integrate g-wrap, rationalize (and
possibly advance a unified interface to) the various linkages available,
and promote the wrapping approach w/ some well-chosen examples.  these
are difficult things to do.

thi