Re: Regarding (bug "versioning-of-extensions")

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Regarding (bug "versioning-of-extensions")
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:49:42 -0600

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Unless there are objections, I think I'm going to leave the number
> alone, i.e. use 15, even though due to AGE the actual lib major
> version might be smaller, for example 13, but I'll change the naming
> scheme like this
>
>   libguile-srfi-srfi-13-14-lt15

Actually, I decided to go with the most explicit

  libguile-srfi-srfi-13-14-lt-15-0-2.so.X.Y.Z

This means that people won't have to guess which number the "lt"
number is -- it's just the actual libtool var numbers
CURRENT-REVISION-AGE (which are the only ones we can determine
programatically), and it also means that if someone wanted to, they
could, given a set of libfoo libs named this way, apply the same
algorithm that libtool uses to figure out which, if any, satisfies a
given interface -- i.e. doesn't hurt, might help :>

As before, let me know if you see a problem.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu