Re: autogen.sh now requires workbook specification

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: autogen.sh now requires workbook specification
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:00:22 -0600

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> basically, if you do "cvs co hack" this is handled w/o changing
> autogen.sh invocation.  if you keep workbook in another place,
> you need to invoke like:
>
>       autogen.sh /path/to/workbook

Hmm, so checking out "hack" gets us a subtree like this:

  hack/core
  hack/scripts
  hack/workbook

and autogen.sh just looks up one level?

This made me wonder about having multiple trees checked out.  For
example, I always keep a core-1.5 and a core-dev tree checked out and
jump back and forth between them.  If scripts and workbook are
supposed to be guile version independent, then am I right in presuming
that I should probably just not use the "hack" module and manage my
tree by "hand". i.e. just have separate checkouts for

  guile/core-1.5
  guile/core-dev
  guile/scripts
  guile/workbook

Also, if scripts and workbook are supposed to be "core independent",
people will need to be careful not to accidentally tag them together.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu