Re: Handling BUGS.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Handling BUGS.
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:53:46 -0800

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:33:49 -0600

   Nope.  I just wanted to discuss it (in parallel with other things) so
   we'd know where we were going.  I'm happy (and was hoping) other
   people might be willing to work on it.

ok, if no one objects, i will delete devel/ from guile-core/ and move
its contents to sibling cvs module "devel".  when Evan posts the BUGS
exploder script (or if i stumble on some emacs keyboard macro, whichever
happens first), we will use that to create devel/bugs/, one bug per file
therein.

when Evan posts the summarization script (to create BUGS for release and
html suitable for web publishing), we can add it to scripts/ (or to
../guile-scripts/ if there are paperwork problems), modify RELEASE to
include instructions on when and how to run that script, and then delete
BUGS from cvs (all branches).

in the meantime, i'll look into adding something to CVSROOT/modules,
and/or modify ANON-CVS w/ instructions on how to check out devel/ in
addition to guile-core/.  fyi, i was able to do:

  cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/guile co CVSROOT
  cd CVSROOT
  cvs edit modules

(btw, i agree that all of this is independent of release schedule.  as
long as we include some BUGS file w/ relevant info i'm happy.  i'm eager
to put this into place quickly, however, because there are several bugs
i'd like to add to the system -- including some that i started to look
into but haven't figured out yet -- and would prefer to just add them in
one place.  maybe i should add them to 1.6 BUGS now.)

thi