Re: 1.5.6 Release Needs More Eyes

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: 1.5.6 Release Needs More Eyes
Date: 18 Mar 2002 20:55:32 +0000

    Evan> I'm afraid that you've got a weird point about Guile not
    Evan> being all it could be, and frankly I think it's an
    Evan> organizational rather than a technical problem. (This has
    Evan> come up before.) I really admire what Robert and Thi have
    Evan> been doing to try to make this project work like, well, A
    Evan> REAL PROJECT, and not like a three-ring circus.

Well I'm afraid that's quite unfair to everyone that you haven't
mentioned.

Guile suffered for a long time from unclear purpose and political
confusion.  It's only because of the efforts over the last few years
of people like Jim, Gary, Mikael, Maciej, Marius, Greg H, Greg B,
Dirk, Michael, Jost, and others that don't spring to mind right now,
as well as Robert and Thi, that we are now on the verge of a 1.6
release that's worth getting excited about.

        Neil