Re: Any known problems with 1.4, (read-enable 'positions) and debugging?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Any known problems with 1.4, (read-enable 'positions) and debugging?
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:40:38 -0600

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Just to let you know, you can get (hopefully) much closer to the source of
> such heap problems if you compile guile using
>   make CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -W -DSCM_DEBUG=1"
> and then run your examples.  This enables a lot of checks, one of which is
> to check every cell that is accessed for being valid.

OK, so this isn't the same as SCM_DEBUG_CELL_ACCESSES...

> BTW, I always run the test suite with that setting.

If you happen to know, what's the relationship between
--enable-guile-debug and SCM_DEBUG?  Is there any, and would it be
appropriate to have an --enable flag for this?  I'd be happy to
specify using the flag in RELEASE as part of the testing process,
though I'd have to specify testing both with and without it since most
people won't want SCM_DEBUG for normal compiles.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu