Re: snarfer guard macro name decision: SCM_MAGIC_SNARFER

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: snarfer guard macro name decision: SCM_MAGIC_SNARFER
Date: 15 Mar 2002 22:58:23 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, so where does this leave us?  Is there still more work to be done
> on snarfing, and if so, any ideas about when it might be ready?

I will change the snarfer in the 1.6 branch to be compatible with the
1.4 one.  By compatible, I mean the guile-snarf program will have a
compatible usage, not that all the snarfer macros of 1.4 (like
SCM_VCELL) will be available.

That should be done by tomorrow.

When there crop up problems with the new snarfer (like non-portable
shell constructs), I will revert it to the simpler 1.4 snarfer and
attempt to fix the bugs in 1.7 in parallel.