Re: snarfer guard macro name decision: SCM_MAGIC_SNARFER

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: snarfer guard macro name decision: SCM_MAGIC_SNARFER
Date: 15 Mar 2002 00:40:49 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> everything is checked in now.  please feel free to read the new docs,
> try the new guile-snarf, and complain loudly so weirdnesses can be fixed
> (when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro)...

Please read the "Stable branch will freeze" article in guile-devel.
Here is the relevant excerpt:

    The guile-snarf changes need to be brought back to a state where
    guile-snarf is completely compatible with the last guile-snarf
    that has been installed.  It can add features, but must not remove
    any.  Also it should define SCM_MAGIC_SNARFER in addition to
    SCM_MAGIC_SNARF_INIT when pre-processing the C file.  The fact
    that SCM_MAGIC_SNARFER is defined should be documented, while
    SCM_MAGIC_SNARF_INIT should not be documented.  Thien-Thi, I can
    make these changes if you want me to.  Please feel free to hack on
    guile-snarf in the HEAD branch.  I really think your work on the
    snarfer is important, please don't get me wrong.