Re: Guile 1.5.6 beta available for testing.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Guile 1.5.6 beta available for testing.
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:23:04 +0100

> We are pleased to annouce the availability of Guile 1.5.6 for testing.
>
> The 1.5.X series is a BETA series, intended only for testing, so
> please don't put it into a distribution or anything similar.  Once
> we've hammered out any serious bugs, we'll make the stable release of
> 1.6.1.
>
> You can find the file here:
>
>  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guile/guile-1.5.6.tar.gz

Special effort has been made to make Guile compile on mingw32, but
sadly, this breaks compilation under Cygwin.

Someone failed to include the patch I sent for guile-1.5.4, that is
needed to make guile compile under Cygwin.  See:

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-devel/2002-February/004562.html

It applies cleanly to the guile-1.5.6 tarball.

Greetings,
Jan.