Re: SCM_SETJMPBUF and scm_tc7_contin

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: SCM_SETJMPBUF and scm_tc7_contin
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 11:01:16 -0600

"F. Heitkamp" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been fooling around with SCWM CVS and am trying to get it to
> work with the later versions of guile Currently it is ported to
> guile 1.4 AFAIK.  When I try to compile against 1.5.4 SCM_SETJMPBUF
> and scm_tc7_contin are undefined.  I did a search and saw that there
> was some discussion about these macros and defines.  What was the
> consensus regarding handling these?

If I recally correctly, this may be the same problem guppi had with
1.5.  (The C code in question indicated that it had been adapted from
scwm -- having to do with *call_with_dynamic* stuff).

The original code was copy-pasted from inside libguile, and I believe
our discussion centered on whether or not we could fix this by
providing a public libguile interface to the needed functionality.  In
the end, I think that was put off, and so I just copy-pasted/adapted
the same section from the newer libguile .c file.

If this rings any bells, I'll see if I can either find my patch, or
just reconstruct what I did.  In the end, we still need to fix this so
that programs don't need to copy-paste libguile bits :>

Thanks

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu