Re: All thread blocked on (accept socket)

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: All thread blocked on (accept socket)
Date: 05 Mar 2002 21:00:54 +0000

    Chris> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 05:52:08PM -0600, Christopher Cramer wrote:
    >> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:26:21PM +0100, Lamy Jean-Baptiste wrote:
    >> > But it looks like, when the first
    >> > thread is waiting on a blocking "(accept socket)", all other threads
are
    >> > blocked too and cannot treat their request...
    >>
    >> I think I'll go fix this... just need to add a call to
    >> scm_internal_select() in scm_accept().

    Chris> Fixed! Yay. I also added a comment about the fact that connect will
    Chris> block, but I haven't fixed it yet.

[Moved to guile-devel]

Although your patch works for this case, I'm not sure it's the right
thing to change this in the C code.

Firstly, one could argue that, with the current CVS code, the choice
of behaviours is good: if you _want_ the accept to block all threads,
just call `accept'; if you don't, call `select' first.

Secondly, if we did make this change, we should logically make it in
lots of other places as well: connect, recv! etc.

So I think we at least need a bit of a discussion...

        Neil