Re: pre-inst-guile

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: pre-inst-guile
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:36:15 -0800

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 14:06:43 -0600

     1) How do we want to handle tests that run shell scripts,
        i.e. non-scheme code tests?  I can just add a TESTS = a b c to
        test-suite/Makefile.am and automake will handle running them, but
        wasn't sure that was sufficient to our needs.

yes, this is sufficient, and probably the best way to go about it.
supporting shell script tests opens the door for all other test classes
that currently cannot be supported by the scheme-code-only restriction.
it would be wise to have "aliveness" tests implemented in sh.

     2) How do we want to handle trying to run guile-config from the
        build tree during make check?  In a couple of other projects I
        could handle it like this, but I don't think guile has anything
        equivalent yet:

guile-config's invocation uses "guile -e main -s", so we can use:

./pre-inst-guile -e main -s guile-config/guile-config

if we can't, that's a bug in pre-inst-guile, since it's supposed to be
drop-in replaceable.  (i've verified that this works here, btw.)

thi