Re: THANKS

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: THANKS
Date: 02 Mar 2002 12:08:22 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> i would like to propose the THANKS file omit people w/ write privs,
> since those people can add themselves to AUTHORS anyway.  IMHO, it's
> poor form to thank yourself.

It's a good thing to have all people involved with Guile in one place.
AUTHORS is a legal instrument, and can be cumbersome to scan.  It is
certainly bad form to thank one self, but I don't think the THANKS
file gives this impression.  We could reverse the order of the
sections, though, and put the maintainers last.