Re: how to be more careful

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: how to be more careful
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:18:22 -0800

   From: Tom Lord <address@hidden>
   Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 23:49:55 -0700 (PDT)

   It seems to me that the process by which some open source projects
   are developed has a serious bug -- Guile is a fine example of this
   bug in action.

joy of implementation often results in poor design process, agreed.  for
awhile, guile was a slut, and every hacker dipped his stick.  after each
(inevitable) turnaround period, the gang-bang resumed.

probably as guile ages (along with guile lovers), the affairs will be
less of an orgy and more of an elevated courtship, like at a fancy dance
where everyone dresses up and tries not to sweat.  i can see it now:
m.guile curtsies, j.r.hacker offers a patch, they swivel gracefully,
saving the pre-dawn ravishing for /usr/local/bin.

(but at the moment we're still trying to book the band...)

thi