Re: readline and libguile

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: readline and libguile
Date: 08 Feb 2002 11:05:25 +0000

    rm> Hi Neil,

    >> into the REPL.  Or you can add these lines to your .guile file, but in
    >> that case make sure that you also add
    >>
    >> (define-module (guile-user))

    rm> Hmm, i just checked my old .guile file. It seems that guile 1.7.0
doesn't
    rm> need this (which is not what the FAQ says).

OK.  Does Guile now go into (guile-user) before loading .guile?

    rm> A related question: what is needed to get the readline support built.
    rm> I recall a '--with-gnu-readline' option of 'configure' but didn't find
    rm> it in recent CVS version of 'configure'. Is this now autodeteced (and if
    rm> so, how does one _disable_ readline support even if the library is
    rm> present)?

I think it is autodetected, and I don't know how one would disable it,
I'm afraid.  I guess one could work it out from ./configure, though.

        Neil