Re: [WORKAROUND] Re: Installing the wrong version of libguilereadline.so

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: [WORKAROUND] Re: Installing the wrong version of libguilereadline.so?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:32:14 -0600

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Well I've found the workaround for this, which is to call ./configure
> with the --enable-ltdl-install=yes option.
>
> So I'm happy that I can build CVS Guile again, but... does this mean
> that we need to reconsider the recent change from convenience to
> installable libltdl?

Hmm, not sure.  What verison of libtool are you using?

I suspect that we may not be linking libguilereadline against
everything it needs, but that's just a guess based on other lt_dlopen
load failures I've seen.

It could also be that the installed ltdl isn't as smart as the .la
files that our build tree copy of libtool is producing.

In the end, I still think we need to be using the system libtool
whenever it's a suitable version, but I'm wondering if maybe the
problem is that we need a better check to see if it's good enough.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu