Re: Argh! Module system frustration.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Argh! Module system frustration.
Date: 21 Nov 2001 20:40:40 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > (I'd rather not have people use the module system from C too much.)
>
> Hmm, if you're really deeply integrating guile into a C app, then I
> suspect that at least scm_c_module_lookup and perhaps also
> scm_c_module_define (though I suspect that a scm_c_module_set! would
> be more commonly useful) will probably often be necessary.

Yes, and that's mostly why there is C API to the module system at all.
But I'd like it to be considered `advanced`.

Hmm, well, that's not a very constructive position.  I think I'm going
to write some paragraphs for the manual of how we intent people to use
libguile with C programs, both for adding an extension language to an
existing application, and for writing extensions to Guile itself, that
will then be the basis for applications written in Scheme.