Re: Problem with VAR=value ... ./configure

From: guile-devel
Subject: Re: Problem with VAR=value ... ./configure
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:41:26 -0600

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:37:39PM -0500, Eric Gillespie, Jr. wrote:
> Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     >    Is libltdl/configure generated by autoconf 2.13 or 2.50?
>
> I haven't generated anything; all the files are as distributed in
> the guile-1.5.4.tar.gz.  This file claims to be generated by
> 2.13.

FYI, your attribution is incorrect. I made the statement above.

>     > If the latter, you should not have a problem. If generated
>     > by 2.13, regenerate with 2.50. 2.50 and later allow passing
>     > environment variables as an option to configure.
>
> I don't think asking users to install autoconf 2.50 is the
> answer.  Why not call the sub-configures the same way i called
> the top-level one?

Because if the top-level configure was generated by autoconf 2.50, it
probably assumes configures down-the-line are also generated by
autoconf 2.50. If not, you probably wind up with the problem you have
above.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)