Do we want centralized or distributed lib versioning?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Do we want centralized or distributed lib versioning?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:05:39 -0600

i.e. so far I had put all the library versions into GUILE-VERSION, but
now that I need to add variables for several other libs, including the
srfis, I'm wondering whether this info should be at the top level, or
just within the relevant local Makefile.am.

In either case, I want to include docs along with the settings
referring to the libtool pages detailing how and when to change the
values.

Thanks.

--
Rob Browning