Re: Argh! Module system frustration.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Argh! Module system frustration.
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:34:53 -0800

   From: Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:18:28 +0100

   Apart from the outdated reference to gh_new_procedure, this is wrong.
   boot-9.scm drops you into the guile-user module, while builtins are
   in the guile module.

   I suggest that this be documented more prominently, I spent more than
   1.5 hours figuring oupt why the attached program didn't work. Also
   note that the scheme code (in vain) tries to import the guile and
   guile-user modules.  Finally, I'd suggest that the chapter containing
   the above doc snippet be linked from "Modules" section.

i'll see what i can do before 1.5.5 is released...  i have in mind:
consolidation of "included modules" to the "III. Modules" section;
labelling current text as "guile-1.4 specific", adding guile-1.5+
specific info to scheme-modules.texi; pointing from the intro there.

   One final nitpick: it would be nice to have docstrings for the
   procedures in ice-9; specifically, all the glorious comments in
   ice-9/boot-9.scm are not available from the internal help facilities.
   Is there some kind of reason for that, or can I submit a patch?

patches are welcome!

thi