Re: Use of ltdl "convenience library"

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Use of ltdl "convenience library"
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 14:43:04 -0600

Bill Gribble <address@hidden> writes:

> I would suggest that prior to the guile-1.6 release the use of the
> convenience ltdl library be removed, instead depending on an installed
> version of libltdl.

Given the debugging work I've been doing lately, I tend to agree, and
as I understand it, there's probably a simple configure.in change we
can make that will have guile use the system libltdl if it's
installed, and fall back to the embedded one otherwise.

This seems like a good idea, though I'm going to run some more tests.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu