Re: Does guile have serious win32 ambition?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Does guile have serious win32 ambition?
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:29:13 -0800

   From: stefan <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:52:13 +0100 (CET)

   What do you exactly mean?  I do not understand the question.  Do you
   just want to replace __SCM_IMPORT__ with HAVE_SCM_API?  This seems to
   be a bad idea since you need a "triple condition": __SCM_IMPORT__,
   __SCM_EXPORT__, neither nor.

for more info on the guile configuration style, see the "Configuration
Headers" node in the autoconf infopage.  in emacs:

   C-h i m autoconf RET i configuration RET

also, see libguile/scmconfig.h.in for current practice.

in another mail, you noted that some of the __FOO__ cpp symbols are
required for building.  that's fine.  all we need to do now is distill
the smallest (yet most flexible) number of top-level HAVE_* symbols, and
use those to conditionalize definition of the __FOO__ stuff.

thi