Re: Guile 1.5.4 beta ready for testing.

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Guile 1.5.4 beta ready for testing.
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:01:39 +0200

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 03:05:57AM -0400, Keith Wright wrote:
> > From: address@hidden
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

[...]

> I noticed that ./configure said something about not having readline
> installed, both on the machine that didn't work and on one that did.
> (I now have successfully compiled and installed on two out of three.)
> In fact they all have /usr/lib/libreadline.so, but I am not so sure
> about libreadline.a.  Is it wrong to have only one?

As an additional possibility (maybe you're already aware of that!),
configure looks for the readline headers, which on some distros may
be packaged separately from the libs (in a package readline-devel or
somesuch). So it is well possible that you can run precompiled binaries
using readline but not compile new ones...

HTH
-- tomas