Re: the rhetoric of "standard" Re: why standard scheme matters to me

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: the rhetoric of "standard" Re: why standard scheme matters to me
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 02:02:38 -0700 (PDT)

       Of course, jimb's proposal *DOES* consider these things.  So far, all
       you've said is "I don't like it" and declined my invitation to say
       why.

That is hardly "all I've said".  But that's part of the point of the
design logs -- reasoning gets lost amidst rhetoric in email.

A few things are at stake -- I'm working on a design log that will
hopefully clear the issues up, and create a structure in which
thoughts about the advantages and disadvantages of various ways of
reconciling the situation can be accumulated.

-t