Re: scm_integer_p and scm_num2int mismatch

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: scm_integer_p and scm_num2int mismatch
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:02:49 +0200 (MEST)

On 8 Oct 2001, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > * scm_num2int and friends are going to be deprecated.
>
> > * instead, functions like scm_integer2int and scm_exact_integer2int will
> >   be provided.
>
> Thanks very much for this information.  We were thinking about
> providing a minimalistic gh_* substitute interface, for the stuff we
> need in LilyPond.  There were user request to support latest guile
> cvs (alongside 1.3.4 and 1.4.0), but I guess we'd better wait a bit.

Hmmm, as far as I know, these changes won't affect the 1.6.x releases of
guile.  That is, if you use guile 1.5.4, which is one of the pre-1.6.0
releases, you should find scm_num2int working as ever before.  (If I am
mistaken here, someone knowing better should speak up :-)

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann