Re: scm_short2num warning [was: guile on mac OSX]

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: scm_short2num warning [was: guile on mac OSX]
Date: 06 Oct 2001 22:14:27 +0200

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> > So, I'd say the best thing is to make
> > SCM_MOST_POSITIVE/NEGATIVE_FIXNUM computable by the preprocessor and
> > #ifdef the offending test away completely.  Anyone?
>
> I'm not sure I exactly follow how you want to fix this, but I'd like
> to have 1.5.1 compile with --enable-error-on-warning.  Could you
> elaborate?

I have committed a fix for this to the unstable branch.  Please check
it out:

2001-10-06  Marius Vollmer  <address@hidden>

        * tags.h (SCM_T_BITS_MAX, SCM_T_SIGNED_BITS_MAX,
        SCM_T_SIGNED_BITS_MIN): New.
        * numbers.h (SCM_MOST_POSITIVE_FIXNUM, SCM_MOST_NEGATIVE_FIXNUM):
        Use them to make these macros computable by the preprocessor.

        * num2integral.i.c (INTEGRAL2NUM): Let the preprocessor test
        whether the integral type fits in a fixnum, not the compiler.
        This removes a spurious compiler warning.  Also, honor the
        NO_PREPRO_MAGIC flag to suppress any preprocessor tests.  This is
        needed for `long long's.

        * numbers.c: Define NO_PREPRO_MAGOC when including
        num2integral.c.i for `long long' and `signed long long'.