Re: options.[ch]

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: options.[ch]
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 22:29:46 +0200 (MEST)

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Should I commit these changes, or does someone expect major negative
> performance implications due to the changed performance of the option
> functions? - Note that reading of option values is not effected if done
> from the C level.

I have commited a modified version of my patch:  It still pre-converts
option names, and thus should not cause any performance change for setting
options, even if done very frequently.  IMO, the options code is now much
more readable, but that's up to you to decide :-)

Nevertheless, we should think of getting rid of the precomputation of the
option names as well.  As of now, I can't tell whether this will actually
lead to performance problems.  Is there someone who uses code that does a
lot of option changing (and who would be willing to do some benchmarking)?

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann