I'm still here...

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: I'm still here...
Date: 27 Sep 2001 01:00:44 +0200

Hi,

I'm sorry for being so silent as of late.  I couldn't find the time to
build a solid opinion of the larger issues that are being discussed
right now (but I'm still spending the time on Free Software, just
elsewhere ;-).

Just some quick comments, in case you care: I don't think we should
make #f and '() equal in Guile Scheme; we can of course implement
lower level support that makes mixing languages with differing
conventions regarding truth-hood and emptiness easier.  That is, Guile
needs not be R5RS-only, but the Scheme part of it should be R5RS.

How does the unified port/descriptor stuff differ from what we have
now?  We already do our own buffering, as far as I know, but the
`revealed descriptor' thing is kind of weird.  Would the Systas
approach be an improvement on the implementation, the user interface,
or both?  Is it fundamentally incompatible with what we have?