Re: JACAL, scm

From: Maciej Stachowiak
Subject: Re: JACAL, scm
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 23:02:47 -0700

On 26Sep2001 02:04AM (-0700), Tom Lord wrote:

> But more to the point: I withdraw all of my suggestions for Guile.
> The maintainers don't have time to consider them, no doubt because
> they are busy developing a novel theory of manners as applied to
> reasoned discourse.  :-).

I'm not one of the Guile maintainers currently, but I think some of
your suggestions are good. They would benefit from better presentation.

Why don'y you try presenting the one at a time? And if there is
disagreement, try to see the tradeoffs involved and how others might
have different opinions rather than insisting that others are "wrong"
or "in error", or accusing them of ignorance or nitpicking on their
writing style? Those kinds of things are not conducive to making your
point, even when the point is a good one.

And working on a multi-person software project is as much about skills
of communication and persuasion as design and coding skills.

 - Maciej