Re: JACAL, scm

From: Chris Cramer
Subject: Re: JACAL, scm
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 15:27:33 -0500

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 12:11:02PM -0400, Aubrey Jaffer wrote:
>  | Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 01:03:44 -0500
>  | From: Chris Cramer <address@hidden>
>  | The '()/#f equivalence was dropped a long time ago. Way back in 1997,
>  | according to the NEWS file. I know a lot of people are still using
>  | prehistoric versions like 1.4 or 1.3.4, but I think you may be taking
>  | it a little too far.
>
> Then we must be suffering time dilation.
> http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html#get directs me to
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile/; where guile-1.4.tar.gz is the highest
> numbered version.

Sorry, it was a joke. 1.4 is the latest release. It's just that when
people complain about things in Guile, I often end up saying, "well,
it's fixed in CVS."

>  | Case sensitivity of symbols, BTW, is configurable, although the default
>  | is still case sensitive.
>
> But don't tell me how to configure it!  Not when you can make me spend
> an additional hour of my time downloading and searching through the
> documentation.  Or is this documentation also prehistoric?

from the Guile manual in CVS:

   To make Guile case insensitive, you can type

     (read-enable 'case-insensitive)

--
C. Ray C. aka Christopher Cramer
address@hidden