Re: JACAL, scm

From: Aubrey Jaffer
Subject: Re: JACAL, scm
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:11:02 -0400 (EDT)

 | Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 01:03:44 -0500
 | From: Chris Cramer <address@hidden>
 |
 | On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 09:59:17PM -0400, Aubrey Jaffer wrote:
 | >
 | > My interest in Guile is to run JACAL (via current SLIB).  I have made
 | > accommodations for symbol case and '() in both SLIB and JACAL.  If Guile
 | > is committed to R4RS deviations other than those, then I will abandon my
 | > effort to support Guile.
 |
 | The '()/#f equivalence was dropped a long time ago. Way back in 1997,
 | according to the NEWS file. I know a lot of people are still using
 | prehistoric versions like 1.4 or 1.3.4, but I think you may be taking
 | it a little too far.

Then we must be suffering time dilation.
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html#get directs me to
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile/; where guile-1.4.tar.gz is the highest
numbered version.

Released in March, guile-oops-1.0.2.tar.gz is more recent.  Is it the
current version of Guile?

 | Case sensitivity of symbols, BTW, is configurable, although the default
 | is still case sensitive.

But don't tell me how to configure it!  Not when you can make me spend
an additional hour of my time downloading and searching through the
documentation.  Or is this documentation also prehistoric?