Re: guile 1.5.2 build on ia64 ... successful gc'ing

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: guile 1.5.2 build on ia64 ... successful gc'ing
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:08:59 -0500

stefan <address@hidden> writes:

> After some emails back and forth to linux-ia64 I successfully applied some
> changes to guile-1.5.2 which fix the garbage collection:

That's great.

> The check-guile script still fails in the bit-operations. I guess the
> alpha-patch will solve this problem.

Yep.  I've fixed all those, but haven't had a chance to commit.

I was getting ready to apply your patch, but then after poking around,
I wondered if gc.c was the right place for it.  It looks like all the
machine specific bits are in gc_os_dep.  So I'm wondering how this
code should be integrated.  I noticed that there's a sparc specific
bit in SCM_FLUSH_REGISTER_WINDOWS in __scm.h.

Anyone care to comment?

> Another problem will be the setjmp()/longjmp() in "throw.c" and
> "continuations.c". I could try to apply some changes using
> getcontext()/setcontext() if you want to get it working on ia64...

Hmm.  Do we not test these in "make check"?  I'd love to have
everything fixed for ia64.

Thanks so much for the help.

--
Rob Browning