Re: Any reason GUILE_X_VERSION shouldn't be defined in a public header?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Any reason GUILE_X_VERSION shouldn't be defined in a public header?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:19:28 -0500

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> That means, SCM_GUILE_MAJOR_VERSION would be OK.  However, I don't
> have an opinion about the question if the introduction of such
> macros is desirable.  For now I just wanted to remind people of the
> naming rules if we were to introduce such macros at all.

OK, so if there are no objections, I'm going to add

  SCM_GUILE_MAJOR_VERSION
  SCM_GUILE_MINOR_VERSION
  SCM_GUILE_MICRO_VERSION

to version.h, which will actually become version.h.in.  This will also
result in the removal of versiondat.*, and a couple of modifications
to version.c to accomodate the new names, and the fact that the values
will be integers, not strings.

I will then use these values to allow guppi to switch behaviors,
depending on which guile it's compiled against.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu