Re: autoconf environment variables

From: Gerrit P. Haase
Subject: Re: autoconf environment variables
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:41:41 +0200

Tim Van Holder schrieb am 2001-09-17, 16:48:

>On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 16:26, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> [...]
>> configure: configuring in libltdl
>> configure: running sh './configure' --prefix=/usr/local
>> --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
>> -infodir=/usr/info --enable-
>(I'm assuming this line break is an email artifact and not actually
>present in the output).
>> htmldoc LDFLAGS=-s CXX=g++ CC=gcc --enable-ltdl-convenience
>> --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir.
>> configure: warning: LDFLAGS=-s: invalid host type
>> configure: warning: CXX=g++: invalid host type
>> configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time
>> configure: error: sh './configure' failed for libltdl
>>
>Looks like the configure script in the libltdl subdirectory is an old
>one (pre-2.50).  Does autogen run autoconf there as well, or does it
>expect libtoolize to bring in a valid configure script?
>Does running autoconf manually in libltdl (after running autogen) help?

autogen runs not in that dir...
I think it should run there, too. Good hint,
thanks.
===
#!/bin/sh

[ -f GUILE-VERSION ] || {
  echo "autogen.sh: run this command only at the top of a Guile source tree."
  exit 1
}

autoupdate
autoscan

./guile-aclocal.sh

libtoolize --copy --force --automake --ltdl
autoheader
autoconf
automake --add-missing --foreign --copy

( echo "guile-readline..."; cd guile-readline; ./autogen.sh )

echo "Now run configure and make."
echo "You must pass the \`--enable-maintainer-mode' option to configure."
===

Well, then it needs an update of the autogen script.

Gerrit

--
=^..^=