Re: guile 1.5.2 build on ia64

From: stefan
Subject: Re: guile 1.5.2 build on ia64
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:34:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> Maybe the GC does not work at all under ia64 at the moment, but I
> don't know for sure.  Do you remember the GC problems with Sizzle
> under that architecture?  Guile uses a similar GC mechanism as Sizzle
> (or rather, Sizzle uses one like Guile's), so maybe it does not work
> until there is a way to flush all registers to the stack.
>
> If this (borken setjmp/longjmp) is not an issue anymore, please let me
> know.  But I recommend to keep that in mind.

Argh. Yes. I do remember that problem. I got GNU Serveez working on ia64
by disabling the garbage collection of Sizzle.

I followed the setjmp/longjmp thread on the linux-ia64 list quite a long
time, but quit it when I became aware that it seemed to be never ever
working at all for reasons I did not understand.

Cheers,
        address@hidden