Re: guile 1.5.2 build on ia64

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: guile 1.5.2 build on ia64
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:41:19 +0200

> From: stefan <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:02:40 +0200 (CEST)
>
> || { rm guile.texi; false; }
> Error in scm_must_free during GC: freeing NULL pointer
> ./guile-snarf-docs-texi: line 37:  5585 Aborted                 (core
> dumped) ${
> make[1]: *** [guile.texi] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/guile-1.5.2/libguile'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> Which means in my eyes something is wrong with the gc...

Maybe the GC does not work at all under ia64 at the moment, but I
don't know for sure.  Do you remember the GC problems with Sizzle
under that architecture?  Guile uses a similar GC mechanism as Sizzle
(or rather, Sizzle uses one like Guile's), so maybe it does not work
until there is a way to flush all registers to the stack.

If this (borken setjmp/longjmp) is not an issue anymore, please let me
know.  But I recommend to keep that in mind.

'martin