Further 64 bit bits.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Further 64 bit bits.
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:48:14 -0500

It looks like I may nearly have make check working to completion on
the ia64, and I know how to patch most of the problems, though I'll
need to ask about some of the others shortly.

With respect to make check, is there any way to ask how many bits are
in a fixnum from the guile level?  The reason I ask is that in the
bit-operations.test, we have

  (define fixnum-bit 30)

and on the 64 bit archs, I presume we need that to be

  (define fixnum-bit 62)

Also, I haven't had a chance to check in to it yet, but after fixing
the above, make check fails much further along like this:

  FAIL: numbers.test: gcd: (fixnum-min n): n = fixnum-min

I'll look in to it soon, but if anyone else already knows what's going
on, please let me know.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning