Re: Recent addition to numbers.c

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Recent addition to numbers.c
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:58:09 -0700

   From: Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 01:11:37 +0200 (MEST)

   However, what Michael and I am thinking of is how to integrate the
   testing of the C interface with the current scheme level testsuite.
   Like, [integrated test methodology example].

integration certainly helps make accounting pleasant.  for aliveness or
unit debugging, however, it seems that it would be significantly less
hassle to compile a foo.test.c against libguile and invoke "gdb
foo.test".  perhaps guile is stable beyond the point where unit testing
would find new bugs, and this argument is moot -- if so, Never Mind.

a thought just occurred to me: this is all a matter of packaging.  if we
are clever, we can probably define conventions that allow a foo.test.c
to be both standalone and part of a larger collection.  do you think
this would be worthwhile?  (i just hate to see all the nice automake
support go to waste... :-)

thi