Re: scm_must_realloc problem with "make check" in current stable tree.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: scm_must_realloc problem with "make check" in current stable tree.
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 19:47:06 -0500

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> I would run the program in gdb until it aborts, and then go up the
> call stack to find the offending call to scm_must_realloc, and then
> start to think hard about what is wrong with it.

Hmm.  Having a hard time getting gdb to do anything with the src tree
guile.

The libtool recommended

  libtool gdb libguile/guile

doesn't work.  It fails with:

  GNU gdb 5.0.90-cvs (MI_OUT)
  This GDB was configured as
"i686-pc-linux-gnu"..."/home/rlb/dev/guile/core-1.5/libguile/.libs/lt-guile":
No such file or directory.

and actually, I tried that and the more appropriate:

  GUILE_LOAD_PATH=.:./test-suite \
    LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/rlb/dev/guile/core-1.5/srfi: \
      libtool gdb libguile/guile

Neither worked.  I'm just trying to get it so that I can run the
command that's at the end of check-guile, but I'm not having much
luck.  Is there a trick?

Thanks

--
Rob Browning