Re: @bind

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: @bind
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 14:27:01 -0700

   From: Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
   Date: 03 Sep 2001 21:01:37 +0100

   Sorry, I should have been clearer...  This all relies on a change to
   the workings of address@hidden' which is only in development CVS.  I'm
   surprised you got as far as you did!

yeah, it was amazing to see anything.

   My proposed solution is to transform `(thing arg1 ...)' to
   `(@fop thing (transform-args arg1 ...))', where transform-args is a
   memoizing macro that transforms and then evaluates the args.  Then,
   when address@hidden' is called, [handle either case].

how would this affect line/column source properties?  i suppose that's a
lower priority issue.  btw, which form did you run into this problem w/?

   Thanks for your interest.  By the way, do you think it would be a
   good idea for me to use your (ttn gap-buffer) as a proof of concept
   implementation of the buffer primitives?

i think that's a great idea as a test of that module.  you can even use
some of (ttn edit).  i'm glad to tweak either one to make them useful to
this effort.

thi