Re: guile-1.5.1 and deprecated ...

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-1.5.1 and deprecated ...
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:00:14 +0200

Dirk Herrmann wrote:

>     (define-generic slot-1)
>
>     (define-class foo ()
>       (slot-1 :getter slot-1 :init-value 1))
>
>     (define-generic slot-2)
>
>     (define-class bar ()
>       (slot-1 :getter slot-1 :init-value 2)
>       (slot-2 :getter slot-2))
>
> This, however, doesn't seem inconvenient at all.  Or am I missing
> something?  You better know anyway where your accessor functions come
> from - if you don't provide them yourself.

much cleaner, by far

however, from a practicle point of vue, the ideal would be to have a possible
setting in the .guile file, for people who, like me, would want 100% automatic
define-generic for slot accessors (that would tell 'goops-core' to do it for us
or not)

david
(-: kis - keep it simple :-)