Re: feature? or provided?

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: feature? or provided?
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:27:54 +0200 (MEST)

On 6 Sep 2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >   ;;; presumably deprecated.
> >   (define feature? provided?)
> >
> > Deprecated or not?
>
> Pfhrr, beats me.  What are people using?  Off hand, I'd say that
> `feature?' should remain.

Well, I prefer `provided?´, since `feature?´ sounds more like a type
predicate.  BTW, some time ago I already took the freedom to mark
`feature?´ as deprecated and to remove all uses of `feature?´ from guile.
It's easy to un-deprecate it, though, but it doesn't make much sense to
have such an alias if there is no semantic difference between the two.

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann