Re: scm_must_realloc problem with "make check" in current stable tree.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: scm_must_realloc problem with "make check" in current stable tree.
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:22:46 -0500

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

>> This is with --enable-debug-malloc,
>
> I don't see this... but it should be easily analyzed, right?

Don't know.  I don't know much yet about the garbage collector or the
debugging allocator, so I don't really know what the message is
telling me, or how would be appropriate to track it down.  I'd be
happy to work on this, but where should I start (are there relevant
docs)?

The problem doesn't occur if you add --enable-guile-debug, but comes
back if you also add --enable-debug-freelist.  It also doesn't occur
if I add a couple of display statements to the test suite's lib.scm,
so it seems like it may be some kind of memory stomping problem.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu