Re: A small build problem in the stable branch

From: Martin Baulig
Subject: Re: A small build problem in the stable branch
Date: 02 Sep 2001 17:48:22 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

>    From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
>    Date: 29 Aug 2001 21:50:20 +0200
>
>    The solution (I think) is to use a libtool that was configured with
>    autoconf 2.50 itself.
>
> i will add this hint to HACKING.

I think you also need to mention that you need to manually run autoconf
in the unpacked libtool tarball - a normal ./configure won't help for
obvious reasons.

Btw. is there already an official libtool release which was configured
with autoconf 2.50.

I'm already using my own local copy of libtool to compile guile, but I'm
using an automated script to compile it and this script just downloads
tarballs, configures, makes and make installs them - without running
autoconf in them.

--
Martin Baulig
address@hidden (private)