Re: scm_num2float() ?

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: scm_num2float() ?
Date: 01 Sep 2001 17:15:48 +0300

Martin Baulig <address@hidden> writes:

> what do you think about adding something like
>
>     float scm_num2float (SCM a, const char *why);
>
> either as function or as macro which does the typechecking
> to make sure that the value fits into a C float ?

why would a number _not_ fit in a C float?

should `scm_num2float' check whether there will be a loss of precision
compared with double?  I'm not sure such a check is very useful (and
I'm not sure its result would be predictable, either).

--
All ITS machines now have hardware for a new machine instruction --
BOT