About gh_'s deprecation

From: Fabrice Bauzac
Subject: About gh_'s deprecation
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 12:22:44 +0200 (CEST)

Please forgive my misunderstanding, but I thought the gh_ interface
was the language-independant level of Guile.

I mean, since Guile isn't only Scheme, and can be Perl or Python or
OCaml or whatever, shouldn't there be a language-independant interface
so that a program using Guile as the glue language can call the
function "foo", in whatever language it may have been written?

I am not familiar with Guile, but that is what I understood about it.

So my question is: since the gh_ interface is deprecated, will there
still be another language-independant interface to replace it?

TIA for clarifying the situation...

--
fabrice bauzac
Software should be free.