Re: [comp.lang.lisp] Re: accessor name clashes when using packages

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: [comp.lang.lisp] Re: accessor name clashes when using packages
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:07:20 -0500

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

>> No.  I think we should do it, if possible in both trees.
>
> No, not in stable.  I'd say this is a wicked change with ill defined
> consequences.

Well I was thinking about having the stable tree version issue a
warning rather than an error so that people could see what was going
wrong.  If it turned out to cause too much noise, and we would have to
make too many possibly risky changes to eliminate the warnings, then
we could back it out.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu