Re: Release process -- can I put tarfiles up for www/ftp access?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Release process -- can I put tarfiles up for www/ftp access?
Date: 16 Aug 2001 11:06:03 -0500

<address@hidden> writes:

> A 1.5 public release seems to be a good thing. We should state
> however that the 1.5 series are unstable libraries. I do need these
> 1.5 release to come quickly as I do prefer that gnumeric users get a
> released tarball (even if it is unstable) rather than asking them to
> get the source from cvs or from one of the snapshots

The 1.5.1 release should happen in the next day or so, but it's not
really supposed to be public, and so I'd really rather it wasn't used
for anything other than testing.

If there are no major problems found immediately, the plan is to
release 1.6.0 after a couple of modifications to the README,
GUILE-VERSION, etc.

In other words, 1.6.0 is probably ready to go, and 1.5.1 will just be
the double-check.  Unless something ugly happens, 1.6.0 should be
released within a week.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning